The advantages of using Virtual Production are clear
- The ability to simulate locations and change them quickly, without the challenges of weather, travel, or additional logistics
- Virtual Sets can be reused, and augmented amortizing their cost over time
- A highly collaborative, WYSIWIG, pre-production process between the director agency and client, that eliminates blindspots early in production
- The ability to capture final pixels in-camera, in an environment both clients and talent can see and react to in real-time
- The power to create more compelling stories in than are typically possible in the 8-12 production of a campaign
- True Hybrid Shoots, capture film and stills on the same stage, at the same time, while maintaining the photo-real illusion
For the past four years, I have worked with pioneers of this technology to bring it to the advertising industry
After visiting with Lux Machina, and experiencing their virtual production demonstration stage in Los Angeles in early 2019. I knew I wanted to leverage this technology and workflow for advertising content production.
In early 2020, I co-founded Chicago Virtual production Group, and have built and continue to build the talent pool, content pipeline and infrastructure to support the use of virtual production in advertising content production both in Chicago and globally.
With the help of Resolution Studios, Planar systems, and members of the CVP, I filmed a 30 second spot for the fictional coffee brand, Bigfoot Coffee, that demonstrates the unique storytelling capabilities of this workflow.
We filmed the project in 6 hours and we were able to transport our subjects from a city apartment to a glacier in Iceland without leaving the same room.
To learn more about Virtual Production, or to discuss a project, send me a message or schedule a meeting.